Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update on the car and wedding prep

Well, my car should be done getting repaired in the next day or two. In the meantime, I made myself drive Nathan's car to work on a couple days, even though stickshift makes me nervous, doubly so in winter. It was easier than getting rides. I hate making people go out of their way for me. Then there was the added "bonus" of my coworker getting stuck on our 1/4 mile ice sheet downhill driveway. I had told her I'd meet her at the top, but ran behind so she started down cause "it didn't look that bad". Obviously it was bad, cause her truck got stuck. Thank goodness for the sand in the back. The good part that came out of it though....my landlord, who is also my neighbor, was stuck behind us for a few minutes while we tried to get moving. Before this episode the only spot sanded was the turn to their place. Now, according to Nathan, the whole thing is sanded...why they couldn't have done that before, I don't know.

Anyway, to get to the cities, I had Maureen post a request on Boreal....by that night I had a ride offer to Duluth, from where I will then catch a shuttle to the Mall of America and hang out until my mom can come get me.

Shortly after I posted last time, I did order the Spectators. Will test them out when they get here and see if I want to go with them or not.

Our wedding rings came a couple of days ago....here's what mine looks like. Its an Irish-Gaelic phrase that means My Soul Mate.

I could have sworn I had more to write but I'm not thinking of it right now.

No comments: