Saturday, February 6, 2010

Not such a whirlwind of a weekend

So this has got to be one of the periods of time I have been at my parents house in a long time. Got done Wednesday night. I'm either leaving Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Wednesday I got a ride from the person who answered my Boreal ad and it turned out I vaguely knew. That got me to Duluth two hours before my shuttle. Read a really cheesy romance novel about a time travelling Viking....which I heard about in one of my favorite webcomics, Questionable Content. I'm not a big fan of romance novels but they are easy reads...and the premise was too goofy to pass up. Apparently everyone else thinks so to because there was at least 5 holds on the book before me.

Anyway, got to the Mall of America around 3pm, locked my suitcase in a locker and wandered for the hour or so until Mom got there to pick me up..but we didn't want to tackle traffic and wandered the stores for another hour and a half or so.
over
We printed all the sheets of vellum for the invites and let them dry just in case. Cut them all on Friday. Got the layout for the other piece figured out today and we hope to print and put together on Sunday. After that we just need to do the RSVP cards....and stuff envelopes (and label them).

My SIL came over today and played with makeup. I don't normally wear it. In fact it is possible that the last time I wore anything other than costume or stage makeup was probably at her wedding slightly over 3 years ago. So after we finally got that figured out we ran to Ridgedale and bought the things she wanted me to have my own of. Also took care of a couple other things.

Once we got back again we hashed out a basic timeline for the day of.

Jumping back a day, yesterday we went to the venue in the early afternoon to ask questions and  look again and then went to buy fabric for my flowergirl's dress......I swear the pattern looked easy but when we started trying to figure out what we needed, we got confused. And the first saleslady was really freaking snippy with us. Not cool.

Anyway...I think that's most of it for now.More in the next couple days..

No comments: