Thursday, May 7, 2009

Recycling Sweaters

I went to the other thrift store today to see if I could find any unravelable sweaters (is that a word? unravelable?)....and I found three! So yay for that...it means that more of my stuffed critters can be repurposed yarn from sweaters. This website has the info that I used to figure out how to do this, and which sweaters are actually worth attempting it on. Its great...it cost me $1 per sweater....so for $3 I have loads and loads of yarn either for stuffed animals (with the unknittable scraps being great for stuffing) or for whatever other things I can think of. yay!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I almost want to send you some of my old sweaters I just can't bear to donate to good will... What a good way to get yarn.

SwngDncr said...

As long as they are of the right kind to be unraveled....if you turn it inside out, check to see if the seams are machine serged. If they are...all you would get would be little scraps.