Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wedding Planning Update

This past weekend was another whirlwind wedding (and family) weekend. We got our engagement photos done (finally, after a few attempts to get one set up...its rather difficult when you live 5 hours away from the photographer!)

Met with people from Queen of Cakes in Edina. Told them about this cake and showed them the picture (via the link on my previous blog post). Figured that it was not going to be doable, being that its fondant, we want buttercream (partly for the taste factor, partly for the cost factor....anything they do in buttercream doesn't cost extra!) But when the first lady looked at it she started getting interested and showed it to another in the room and they were both getting excited about figuring a way to make it work. So I'm pretty thrilled about that.

We talked with our DJ on Sunday since all of our contact up to this point has just been via email or facebook.

Oh yeah....added a ton of stuff to our registries. Target, Bed Bath and Beyond have the most things so far but we're looking into doing REI as well (signed up for it but I don't think I've added anything to the registry yet)

Got all our paper for the invites. I had wanted to get stuff for the programs as well but I really didn't know how I wanted to do it.

No comments: